Butterick 6031 Camisole Review

So the other day I was going to bed and thought about what I was wearing. Shorts and a t-shirt. Nothing wrong with that of course. But lately I've been thinking about glamming it up a little, and that is thanks to Miss Dita Von Teese. No, I've never met her (I wish!!) but I have been watching a lot of videos on YouTube with her in them lately.

It all started a few weeks ago when my husband cut my hair. I had pretty long hair and I was tired of it because it just gets in the way and I get frustrated by it. So I asked him to cut it and he cut it a bit too short, but after a day or two I was pretty happy with it. So now it's right at my shoulders and I was thinking of retro ways to style it and I was on Pinterest and someone looked like her and all of a sudden it clicked; Hot rollers. I've got a set of them and I rarely use them because my hair was redonk long and it was a pain in the ass to style. So once I thought about the hot roller look, I wanted to see how it was done. Thus began my new found obsession with Dita. I watched interviews, read reviews on her books, watched a video on her vintage cars and saw her go shopping for vintage clothes. She portrays the most glamorous lifestyle and while I'm not really wanting to go all glam all the time, I thought I could glam it up a little. Enter Butterick 6031.

I had bought a nightie from the Goodwill and it was so silky and had birds in it and I thought about using it as a tunic. Then I hung it in my closet and haven't worn it since. On my hunt for glamour in the closet, I spied it and decided to wear it to bed and was not happy. It was so clingy and hot and I was so uncomfortable. I thought I looked nice and the hubs liked it, but if I moved at all it stuck to me like a sock on the back of a pair of jeans fresh from the dryer.

My next go-to was a yard of black slub knit fabric that I scored from the remnant bin at Walmart for a couple of bucks and the Butterick 6031. I wanted something that I could sleep in but also looked nice. The slip fit the bill. It consisted of 3 pieces and was super easy to construct.




I realize it doesn't look fabulous with the light purple straps and the dark purple lace, but I had black bra straps originally and they were just not super comfy to sleep in. So I took those off and replaced them with the only other purple strap I could find. I'm planning on making another one for 2 reasons: 1. It's so dang comfy to sleep in and 2. The lace on this one is kind of scratchy (not that I feel it when I'm wearing it) and purple and I have a dark green soft lace that would probably feel and look better. Plus, it was so easy to make! Definitely recommend!

Comments

Popular Posts