John F. Kennedy Cut My Finger

It has begun... That wonderful time of the year where I can plant! Unfortunately, that means I will be spending less time sewing on my days off. Whomp whomp. I took advantage of my last 'weekend' off to impulsively make a rose garden. I had been planning to make one for a couple of months now, but since it was warming up, I was finally going to clear a spot this weekend. However, a trip to Walmart changed my mind as they had roses for half off. I really despise getting anything from Walmart that I can get somewhere else locally, like our little mom and pop grocery stores, but we live so far away from everything. If I wanted to go to Lowes, it's almost 2 hours away. So I broke down and bought 6 roses from Walmart.

I knew where I wanted them to go, but I really didn't have much time to prep since I bought discount roses and they needed to be planted asap, so I basically just dug the holes and planted them. There is still grass errywhere in between them, but that can be fixed later. Anywho, I bought 6 of them and I had always heard that you're never supposed to buy plants in even numbers. My husband reminded me of that when I went to place one of the larger ones in the truck and got slashed by a thorn. He suggested that maybe it was because I had an even number. And I thought about that and decided that he was right, so I went back the next day and bought 5 more. I HAVE A PROBLEM!!

The rose that cut me, by the way, is a beautiful white rose called the John F. Kennedy rose. It not only cut me, but I pulled back so it cut an inch slash down my index finger. Yippee.

This garden is kind of a tribute to my grandmother, as my mom has always told me that she had one hell of a rose garden. And at the rate I'm going, I will too. So, for now it stretches out in front of the woods on one side of the haunted shed, but my plan is to make it go on both sides of the shed. You can see it perfectly from all of the back windows and especially good out the kitchen window. We look out that window a lot because the bluebird house is there and there building a nest!!

Ahhh... Welcome spring. 🌹

Comments

Popular Posts