Spring Dress




I am bummed as hell that we allegedly have 6 more of weeks of winter, so I decided to make a new dress. And although this fabric is in wintery colors, it is very much a spring\summer dress.

This is the first time I've made this dress and I wasn't sure exactly how it would fit, but I was pleasantly surprised on my first go around. I cut for a size 12 per the instructions and she fit pretty decently, but she was a tad too big. I solved that by taking the zipper seam in a little bit. I had to take the zipper seam in because I cut the back bodice on the selvedge which had the manufacturer stuff written on it... 10 out of 10, Sarah. ((sigh))

Anywho, this was a very easy make, only having 5 pattern pieces. The skirt was an easy pleated skirt and the bodice was a simple princess seamed bodice, so it took almost no time to put together. I did make a lining for bodice because I had a pretty dark blue fabric that I thought might look nice. I was honestly going to skip the lining and just finish the inside seams because this was a pretty thick cottony fabric, but then I spied the dark blue and thought it would make a nice touch.



I finished the inside seams with the flat felled seam that I have been so in love with lately, and I also used hem tape for the bodice to skirt seam to kind of clean it up a little bit and make it look a little more professional. I also hemmed the bottom with a baby hem to not take away any of the length. For this pattern, I had to shorten the pattern by 4 inches because I didn't have quite enough fabric for the whole thing. The skirt was still plenty long enough once it was done. I am very happy with this dress as a whole and would love to make it again!!

Comments

Popular Posts