Turning Over a New Leaf

So here I sit, in the new house... with all my stuff in boxes around me. I can tell you one thing, I am NOT a fan of moving. When we told the realtor that we didn't plan on moving again, this was to be our 'forever home', he laughed. But we're serious... We're not 'starter home' kind of people. They said most people live in a home for 5-7 years and move. Yeah, sorry not sorry. We love this house! Why would we leave? I know some things could happen that force us to move, but we do not plan on voluntarily moving until they drag us out.

We found out a couple of things about our house that I thought were cool. For starters, the people who owned this house also built this house, so it has only had one owner. We were cleaning the weekend before we moved in and found the blueprints. I want to frame them. Its pretty cool to me. As we were cleaning, the listing agent (who was also the couple's nephew) stopped by and confirmed that they had built the house.

Secondly,we have 5 acres, but its mostly woods, so we hear all kinds of things at night. Just the other day we heard what sounded like a screaming sound outside right after dark. According to the internet, it might be an owl or a raccoon... according to the husband, its a witch.

Third, YOU CAN SEE TONS OF STARS OUT HERE!! I actually got up early this morning because I couldn't sleep. Little man had a bad night of throwing up all over the bedroom floor, so I just got up at 5:30. I had debated on getting up anyways and his last throw up spree made that decision for me. I got my coffee and went to go outside to see said stars, but its still rainy up here. But all last week when I was driving to work, I could see tons of stars whilst getting in my truck.

I also quit my job. I had been there 4 years and the pay was nice, but when we found our dream home, we didn't plan on it being 2 hours away from my job. But what can I say? I love this house!! I love the location!! Everything about this change has been awesome except the move itself; it was like watching the Griswolds move. But I thought it was high time to find a new job. Not only to spare my poor truck from driving so far but also to be closer to home. Plus, I felt like it was time for a change. 4 years is a long time to do the same thing over and over and over. If it were my dream job, it wouldn't be so bad... but no one wants to do the same thing for 4 years or longer if its not the job of their dreams.

So this has been by far the scariest thing I have ever done, but its good to break out of your comfort zone once in a while!! And its mainly scary because of having to find another job in the middle of nowhere. I'm used to living more or less in the city. This is waaaaay out in the country. But everyone out here is soooo nice and we have been working on the house. More about that later. But for now, I'm back, bitches!! :-D

Comments

Popular Posts