I Find Your Lack of Sewing Rugs Disturbing

So we have been here at our new home for around a month and we have pulled up almost all of the carpet in the house. When we first came here and did the walk through, my husband pulled off one of the floor vents and saw hardwood under the carpet, so we knew eventually we would want to pull up the carpet. We love the way it looks and it really fits with the 70s time period of the house, which we want to try to keep. But when we had been here for about a week and noticed the Moo smelling kind of funny, we got down and smelled the floor and determined that it was the carpet. When we had bought the place but hadn't moved in yet, we spent a day washing the walls and cabinets and whatnot with the windows open. It all had a light coating of mold from the floor up. And no wonder; this place had been sealed up for 4 years! No sunlight, no fresh air, no nothing.

We decided to start in my sewing room since nothing had been unpacked yet and we began to pull the carpet up. The carpet itself wasn't too bad, but the pad underneath was horrid!! It was damp and stuck to the wood in a lot of spots. I had to scrub with hot water and a cloth to get it all off. The other rooms were not that bad, but they all smelled dank and musty. We finally pulled up the last room (our bedroom) this past week and now the old rooms with carpet are the den and dining room. It was pretty fun. I did tell the husband I wanted a house I could work on.

The main problem I have found with the hardwood is that its cold and slippery. We knew it would be cold because we had non carpeted floors at the duplex, so we're used to wearing socks around the house. But we needed rugs. The cats needed rugs. They were not happy. Our old neighbor gave us 2 big ones which currently reside under our couch and bed, but I wanted a cute sewing themed rug for my sewing room. THERE IS ALMOST NOTHING TO CHOOSE FROM!! My husband found an awesome Millennium Falcon rug for his Star Wars room, but there are almost no sewing rugs that I can find.

I found these custom ones on CafePress.com, which is an awesome custom website where you can make whatever you want on whatever you want:
http://www.cafepress.com/+sewing+rugs

I also saw this one and really wanted it:


But then I thought that maybe I don't need a sewing themed rug... Maybe I just need a nice regular rug. Plus, there are tons of sewing related vintage posters that I could get to decorate the room with... like these:



So we shall see how I decorate the room. For now, its just fine the way it is... mine. :)

Comments

Popular Posts