Post Graduation Day!

So last Monday was the official end of my sewing class, but I still haven't quite finished. I still have some homework to turn in, but I watched the rest of the videos and took a crap ton of notes on moving darts to make different types of tops, like changing our basic sloper into a princess seam top or an empire waist top. It was very informative. I am still working on tweaking my sloper to better fit me. It is still a bit too short, but overall the fit is good.

As a whole, the class was decent and I learned a lot. The 'discussion' area left a lot to be desired, with most questions not being answered. I had more comments than questions, but I saw a lot of unanswered questions. And unfortunately for the ladies with questions, the graduation date is also the date in which the instructor stops answering questions. I would hope that she would get back on there and answer them. Because of the lack of organization, jumbled up measurement instructions and severe lack of answered questions I would probably give this class a C. For $50, I'm not sure it was totally worth it. I mean, I did learn a lot, but it could have been presented in a more organized manner with a little more instructor help. And that is why I would give it a C... There were a lot of small, easily fixable mistakes.

I would still like to take various sewing classes because I do love to learn. I am just worried they will all be like this one, and I don't have a ton of money to throw around. I shouldn't have spent the $50 on this class, but I did get my tax return, so it was a present to myself. And again, I did learn a lot. I took some hella notes! And I am excited to finish my sloper and actually start making my own stuff as opposed to using a pattern. Not that I mind patterns at all. It would just be so awesome to say "Oh, this? Yes, this is my own design." Some day... :-D

Comments

Popular Posts