How Time Flies!

Wow... it has been over a month since I last posted a blog post, so let me fill you in. The main reason I have not been posting much is because of the weather. Holy cow... it has finally been nice enough out to spend the majority of my free time outside. I planted some veggies (tomatoes, squash, spinach) and also some flowers. Mom and I get a lot of discount plants at Lowes and we save them. We take them home and nurture them back to health! I firmly believe my mother is the next Mother Nature, so maybe one day I will inherit her plant powers.

Anywho, I have been sewing, just not getting online much to talk about it. I have been making pillows for some strange reason, and you can find them on my Etsy page if you are interested.
Ruthie's Rags

I'm not really sure what made me make my first pillow. I actually wanted to make this other project, but I got side tracked. I will make said other project, but for now its been all pillows, all the time. Again, I'm not really sure why I made a pillow or why I have continued making them, but that just seems like what I am supposed to be doing. I am still making clothes, don't get me wrong! I made a dress for the trip to Nashville to see Wicked with my momma. I will post about that soon. I am also making something exciting for my best friend for her birthday and I am in the process of making myself a lovely green dress, as well. Fear not, I will be posting more as soon as the weather heats up unbearably. This is just the rare time of year when I have to be outside. Even if I'm simply sitting out there reading; at least I am outside.

Speaking of reading, I got a copy of Burda Style Magazine and I have to say I am impressed. I don't know if I am $30 for a 4 issue subscription impressed, but I think the pull out patterns are a pretty good deal. The thing I am making for my friend's birthday is actually one of the pull out patterns. So it that goes well, I might consider a subscription for the patterns alone. It did have some good tips and whatnot in there. Not a bad read at all.

So anywho, I promise I will post more in the next few weeks and show you some of what I have been working on. Thanks for reading!!

P.S. - On an unrelated side note, my husband's friend let me borrow his Pimsleur French set. I have been listening to it in the truck on the way to and from work, and I have to say I like it better than the Rosetta Stone I used to do at Best Buy for free. I do remember quite a bit of the Rosetta Stone, but this is a slightly different approach to learning French. It is quite pricey, just like Rosetta Stone, but I do like their approach a bit better. They remind you of what you learned a lesson or two ago, so you continue to use it even as you are learning new stuff. So I definitely recommend it. Au Revoir!!

Comments

Popular Posts