More Vintage Gloves

So a few weeks ago, the husband and I went back to Flea Land in Bowling Green KY and had a great time as always. While there, we went to the antique mall which is one whole 'arm' of the building. Its mainly hallways (or arms as we like to call them) that attach to a main hallway. On one side, there is an antique mall that is open every single day when the rest of Flea Land is only open on the weekends. Its basically a bunch of flea market type booths but with no one in them. They're all numbered and you can take your item up to the main cash register near the entrance and they will ring you up. 

On this particular Saturday, I was on the hunt for hats. I knew there had to be some somewhere in this antique mall. I found some in one of the first booths we went into. I had looked in this booth before and they sell some old clothes, but I am not usually interested in old clothes so I passed it by. Don't get me wrong, I like old clothes. But I make my own 99% of the time and I feel like buying them is silly. I had thought about going back to see what their prices were because I could have a piece or two for reference or just to study and possibly replicate. I still may do this in the future because on this day I hit the motherload of gloves! Aaaaand they were so cheap!

                                                                Ooh... vintage gloves...


Look at these red ones!! They're a little past wrist length and in super nice condition! I didn't see a mark on them nor any holes or anything. Only $2.99!!


These guys are right at wrist length and were only $1.99!! They were pretty dirty once I got them into the sink to wash and you could see some staining on the fingertips, but since they are black, I don't know if anyone will see that besides me. Well, you will now that you know... ((shifty eyes)) Still well worth $1.99 and I will attempt to wash them again, not that its that big of a deal.


These guys were also only $1.99 and have a line of zigzag pintuck-ness right up the back of the hand. Simple but lovely and no holes or stains either!



These guys were, you guessed it, only $1.99. These are wrist length and have absolutely no decoration or anything besides a small piece of elastic on the inside of the wrist, which may need to be replaced soon. You know how elastic gets when its old. Again, no holes or stains or anything. 



These guys were pretty cool but I don't know of an occasion where I might wear them. These, along with the red ones, were $2.99 and well worth it. They are gauntlet length and have some cool beading going on. Apparently they were hand beaded in Hong Kong.

I'm not sure what double woven cotton is, but its soft af. These are super pretty but also have the teensiest bit of pink staining on them. I did bathe them and it seemed a bit better, but its still there. Again, I don't know who would notice... besides you... 

Out damn spot!!!

That same booth also had the only pair of glove driers I have ever seen in person. I saw some once on a video about vintage gloves but they were not 3D like these are. They were flat and boring and I almost cried when I found these. lol. I found a couple of references to these on some websites and they are supposed to have a small hook on the bottom so you can put your gloves on them and then hang them somewhere to dry. I don't care that the hooks are missing because they are still amazing and I will now be using them for any glove pictures that I will take. How can you not use them?! They're amazing!

One advertisement I found online for them said that you can not only dry them on these hands, but also wash them while the gloves are on. I guess you just swish them in the wash water and Bob's your uncle. I tend to like to agitate the items a little to make sure they get clean, so I will continue to hand wash stuff like this with my actual hands. Plus old plastic can be brittle and I would not want to risk breaking these babies. They're pretty amazing. I also found this old glove box at that same magical booth...


Found the cat, too, but at my house... 5 years ago. Hi, Stinky...

Ooh... vintage glove box. This box was a whopping $4.99 and is in great condition. I have seen similar ones selling for $10 or more plus shipping, so I am super duper happy with this one. I feel like I need some more because the gloves I got this day don't all quite fit and I have a lot of gloves from that first lot I bought, so yeah. I actually saw one of these at another booth in the antique mall but I don't recall what price they had on it. I will have to check again when we go back. They also have similar quilted boxes for handkerchiefs that are more square than this one and I eventually want one of those. 

That booth would not have gotten a second look if I had not noticed the hats they were selling, but I did not purchase any hats that day. I might when we go back if they are still there because they were in great condition and were anywhere from $5-$10. If I hadn't just filled my arms with gloves and the like, I would have gotten the hats, too. I also got some more vintage hosiery advertisements from the same booth I have gotten them from before. They only have a couple more that I have not purchased and they are kinda pricey so I only get one or two at a time when we go. 


This piece is like a ribbon and I would imagine it would sit on a counter near some stockings. Its my 2nd piece of Berkshire advertisements. It was $15 and not the most expensive one there. I have been buying the cheaper ones each time but I think the only 3 left are like $25 a piece. I feel like I need to buy them all at once because we don't get to go often and I won't have to worry that someone will buy them. Not that I'm super worried about that or I would have just bought them all at once. haha.

Anywho, I can't wait to go back and see what the antique mall has in store for us next time. Been finding a lot of good stuff there lately. If you haven't gone, make the trip. Do it on a weekend so you can get the full feel of Flea Land but definitely hit up the antique mall all the way down on the end. And get a funnel cake at the cafe. They're huge and delicious and it will give you a sugar rush midway through your shopping so you can continue on! 

Comments

Popular Posts