Leggings Part 2

I have been in a legging mode lately. Maybe because its finally cold in Feb after half of the month of Jan being above normal temps...? Maybe because I only have 3 decent pairs and I wanted some more so we don't have to do laundry as much...? Either way, I made 2 more. I took the same Simplicity 8561/ D0872 and made version A instead of version D. These don't have the cool butt detail but they have some side details and bottom of the leg details. They only had 7 pieces and came together very easily. I did not make them with the stirrups but I can see how those would be beneficial to me as I usually tuck my leggings into some large comfy slipper socks so I don't bust my ass on the floors. Anywho, here they are!




Ooh... side details...


The insides. I was trying to make them jump for joy. haha

These were fun to make because all the pieces were all the same color, but I cut the bottom panels in the opposite direction as the rest of the leg, so there is a slight contrast-ness.


I added the lines because its kind of hard to see the 'direction' of the fabric.

I am not 100% super happy with these because of the slight pattern to it. Its a Dri-Fit Terry and its moisture wicking and anti microbial, but not as stretchy as the other athletic fabrics I have gotten. It kind of holds you in more, almost like a light version of a power mesh. But this pattern makes it look like my whole leg is lumpy. And while I do have some cellulite on my thighs, I don't want to look down and see that look on my entire leg. It seems silly, but I have been working very, very hard to get in better shape and have made a dent (ha) in my cellulite, but there is still some there. I don't really care that its there because its always been there, but since I have been lifting and trying to workout pretty hard, it has made a difference and I want to keep going to see if I can get it to go away altogether. Again, its not a big deal, but I like seeing my body change and I love seeing the results of all my hard work. So if it goes away, cool. If not, cool. I am just excited to see how much progress I can make on my body as a whole. I like seeing the beginnings of abs and I like seeing my arms have some definition. Seeing results is like a fuel to my fire. I wake up and think about working out and what exercises I will be doing. I like drinking my protein powder and eating a lot of calories and feeling refreshed after a workout. Its crazy. I feel like if I didn't have to work, I would wake up and workout just about every day and then go sew for the rest of the day. I always liked working out, but since I began challenging myself and using heavier weights, its really got me pumped (ha). This brings me to my other pair of leggings that I made, which I might actually work out in.





These MFers right here. So these guys were a result of Surge Fabric Shop having a Flawed Mystery Athletic box. I have always wanted to buy one because its around 3 yards of athletic fabric that might have a stain, a small hole, a run on one side, etc. Even with that, there is still a lot of usable fabric! So I finally broke down and bought one of them and when I got it I was so freakin happy! The first fabric I pulled out was this crazy ass patterned stuff called the Daybreak Premium Athletic Nylon/Spandex. They are currently out and this is not a fabric I would have picked for myself, but its not half bad! Its loud but who cares. Also inside the box were these super pretty Athletic Brushed Poly fabrics in blue and gray which both matched the first fabric. All of them are really, really nice quality. They're all thick, moisture wicking and anti microbial aaaaand the Nylon/Spandex crazy fabric has 50+ UV protection. I could have cried when I made this pair. lol.

So as you can see, the bottom panels are in the navy blue brushed poly and I was thinking about making the waistband in the same blue, but I like how these turned out. I still have enough of the crazy fabric to make a matching sports bra. Did you hear me? I STILL HAVE MORE FABRIC AFTER MAKING ALMOST A COMPLETE PAIR OF LEGGINGS. I had enough for a complete pair of leggings, but since I had the contrasting/matching fabric, I felt like making something cool. They seriously didn't skimp on the fabric in that box. It is completely worth buying. I saw a small stain on the inside of the crazy fabric, which you won't see cause its on the inside. It was also a little shorter, selvedge to selvedge, but still. On the navy blue poly, I saw where a sticker had been and it left a small spot (less than an inch) of stickyness. That's it. I haven't inspected the dark gray brushed poly yet, but if its anything like the other two, there won't be much of an issue. I seriously cannot recommend this box enough if you want athletic fabric. I will most likely be buying another one.

So there will be another post with the finished set once I make the sports bra to match. It will be another one of the ones I made from tracing a store bought sports bra. I'm excited to have a matching set, but it doesn't really matter because I have nowhere to wear it. Not that I would probably wear it to a gym if I ever went, but its that feeling of matching, like when your bra and undies match. That almost never happens for me because I usually don't have enough of one fabric or lace to make a matching set, but you know what I mean. Anywho, off to make a bra!

Comments

Popular Posts