White Sweater Fixin'

This is not going to be a very large post, but I wanted to share my fixing of this awesome sweater I got. So my mom gave me this white sweater with fringe on the bottom. I washed it and then I noticed the hole.


How the hell???

I'm not sure how this happened and I'm even more not sure how I didn't notice since I hand washed this. Anyways, I tried it on and it was pretty roomy for a medium, which I am guessing is the style of this particular sweater; loose and flowy. That worked out perfectly, because I was able to pin and sew a new front neckline thingy.


Pinned and ready to cut and sew.

I actually used this cool hem tape to make a new neckline because I thought it would give some strength to this pretty light fabric. And it being stretchy made me want to secure the hem even more before sewing. So I used this:


I stuck some on the inside of the edge and folded it over on itself. Then I folded it again, completely enclosing the seam and giving it some strength. Then I sewed it down and voila!


I know the edge looks a little wonky, but it will look better once I iron it. Unfortunately the ironing board was being used at the time, so I had to wait.


I can't say no to her. She's so pretty :-D

I also had to change the shoulder seam to make the neckline look ok. Originally it had some slight gathering at the shoulder seam, but I had to remove the stitching and ungather it to make the whole thing lay flat and look good.


Niiiiice.

I am pretty happy with the final result. Its still loose and flowy and I love the slightly shirred sleeves which make it more of a 3/4 length sleeve. I know some people might have thrown this away thinking it a loss, but I am so glad I was able to lob off some fabric and make it look better. Plus, its super comfy and I have already picked out some outfits for it. So yay!

Comments

Popular Posts