My Sewing Journal

If you're anything like me (god help you), you forget things... A lot. Sometimes when I'm at work thinking about my next sewing project, I tend to forget the little details later on. For instance, I wanted to make a nice blazer. I looked through my patterns and decided on Simplicity 1781, but it's a Project Runway pattern with different styling options, like choices in collars and closures. I thought about what I wanted to make, but the next day I couldn't remember which option I chose because I liked them both. No more! Insert new sewing journal to the rescue!



My mom gave this to me at Christmas time and I instantly liked it because, duh, flowers. So when I was thinking of what to use it for, I got inspired by an idea and wanted to jot it down. I usually use these little note dudes, but I have a zillion of them all over my desk, so I wanted a more organized way to keep my ideas.




They're errywhere...

Very useful little guys, but more for weekend to-do lists. So I decide to make little checklists/ideas for each item I was going to be making and it looks a little something like this:



Now when I am ready to start something new, I get to cookin on the details and immediately write them down and refer back to it as I'm sewing. So far it's going well and I feel a bit more organized. So yay!

Comments

Popular Posts