Classic Silky Tank

On my kick of making classic pieces to mix and match, I decided upon a silky tank that I could wear with jeans and a blazer or a skirt or whatever. During our of our last trip to the help center, I scored this piece of dark blue silky feeling polyester for a quarter. When we got home I opened it to discover that it was a lining for some sort of skirt or blouse, still fully constructed. I took it apart and went through my stash of patterns and came up with this gem.



McCalls 6359 to the rescue! I wanted view A, but I didn't have quite enough fabric, so I moved the pattern around on top and made do. Naturally I forgot to take a picture of this step. There was not enough for the one pleat, so it's just flat. Looking back I should have cut for view B and tried that out, but you live and you learn. I think it came out pretty decent as is.




I used some left over bra strapping in navy to kind of match and used a silver material for the facing. Not a big fan of the silvery material, so I might change that next time. I just didn't have enough of the navy polyester to go around and I wanted something similarly silky for the facing.



To finish the facing hem and bottom hem, I used a pack of double fold bias tape also in navy.

I pulled the facing hem up and flipped it over for you to see. It doesn't look that crappy normally.

Overall it's a decent blouse but next time I might do slightly longer straps and maybe make a shorter version. I wore this to work and it was a nightmare to tuck in everytime I went to the bathroom. I had even made a note about shortening it, but decided against it during cutting. Not sure why. But it's a pretty good tank anyways, so yay!

Comments

Popular Posts