Car Show Blouse/ Simplicity 7382 Review



So the day we signed on our house, we drove up here to just look at our new home and discovered a car show in Red Boiling Springs. We went and had a blast and ever since then we try to go each year. This year I invited my mom and brothers and we all had a great time looking at a giant amount of cars for free on the grounds of a haunted hotel.

Naturally I had to make something to wear, so I chose a blouse, sort of. I actually chose a vintage dress pattern that I had wanted to make into just a blouse. I had seen something similar from Iman that I liked with a kind of cape built in. I really liked it, so when I saw this pattern at our local thrift store, I had to have it. Luckily, it was a bit too big instead of the sometimes too small patterns I find.



This pattern was a breeze, consisting of only 4 pieces because I omitted the neckline and armhole facings. I'm lazy. Anywho, I sewed the darts and sewed the front to the back. I also omitted the zipper because the fabric was this lovely rose knit. No need for a zipper! So for the cape/flounce pieces, I cut the back piece on the fold instead of 2 separate pieces where the center back seam would have been. Again, no need for that seam since we took out the zipper.

I sewed them together and sewed the right side of the flounce part to the wrong side of the top itself and flipped it to the outside. Then I ran a line of top stitching on the neckline, thereby eliminating the need for a neckline facing. I'm sure it would probably look nice with a neck facing, but the fabric was a tad bulky and it just seemed less stressful to just sew and flip.



For the bottom hem of the blouse and the bottom of the flouncey part, I used my double needle for a professional hem.


Fancy...

I also added about 4 inches to the bottom of the pattern pieces because they were supposed to be for a dress so the waist was higher. Four inches was a pretty decent length. I might make another one a little longer. I also had to take in the sides a couple of inches near the bust, but not near the hips. But overall this was an easy make with fantastic results! Will make again!!!

Comments

Popular Posts