Madalynne 8228 Review





So my wonderful husband got my the Simplicity 8229 and 2 sewing books I've been eyeing for my birthday and anniversary, which was awesome!





Naturally I wanted to make the racerback because halters don't ever work out for me. I always get a headache. Maybe if I make my own it wouldn't be so bad, but for now I was sticking with the racerback. It only had 8 pattern pieces so it was fairly simple. Once I knew what lace I wanted to use, I was off like a rocket! I bought a few of those $5 grab bags from Tailor Made Shop and they had sent me a sizable piece of some lovely lace.

I also took a trip to our local Walmart because that is the only place near by that sells fabric, one of the few perils of living in the middle of nowhere. Le sigh. Anywho, I usually order most things I cannot get locally online, but I wanted to see what they had in stretch fabrics. I was partially disappointed. I wanted something with a 4 way stretch for my panties and they had a super soft light gray jersey, but that was about it. My husband found the 'remnant bin' and in it I found a yard of black slub fabric, so I actually used that for my tester bra.







Construction was simple and the results are lovely, but I think I still am not using the right type of fabric, because it did not hold the girls up like at all. It was way too stretchy and not supportive enough. I got a headache about 5 minutes into wearing it, and that just won't do. So I consider this a good trial run and I will be saving up for some decent bra making fabric. I shall try again!!

Comments

Popular Posts