Poker Face Shorts

A while back I made myself a pair of jeans and I had enough material left over to make myself a pair of shorts. I really wanted something like a bermuda that I could dress up with heels and a nice blouse or dress down with a tshirt and tennis shoes. I took the same jean pattern from before and cut it a bit shorter.


A major shout out to Urban Threads for this back pocket design!!

I made the front pocket lining in polka dots and thus had the song Poker Face stuck in my head for weeks. I had laid these aside and began to work on something else, as I tend to do. I find that if I don't have all my supplies right in front of me, I'll stop when I need something, like a zipper, and go to working on something else. Instead of walking over and finding that zipper, I'll switch to another project. Kind of messed up, but that's how my mind works. I'm going to try to get everything together before I begin (like I should do) and that way I won't have a reason to switch projects mid way through. We'll see how that goes.

Anywho, I still cannot 100% get the hang of the waistband, but it looks better than my first pair of jeans' waistband. I might take a class on that, but I want to get more denim to make a second attempt at jeans since for the most part they look pretty good and they feel terrific!

Comments

Popular Posts