I'm a Lumberjack And That's OK

I have been thinking about making a button down plaid top for forever, so I finally decided it was time to make it. I didn't like the button down patterns that I have in my stash because none of them were comfortable across my back. I really wanted one with a gathered yoke or a pleat, but the only ones I had like that were for a giant men's sleep shirt. Instead of trying to manipulate the pattern, I went with this gem:



This pattern was easy peasy, only consisting of 5 pieces. It went together in no time and the only issue I had was where the facing was turned to the inside. For some reason, I have this little pucker I cannot get to steam out.



And here she is!!



I made a second top in plain white and I sewed some pretty ribbon on to hide that pucker.


OMG forgive the non-ironed blouse... I was in a hurry to take pictures before I forgot to.



Holy cow I am in love with this top! I want to make this in a zillion more colors! It is so comfy and cute, especially in the lovely plaid I have been saving. I think this color goes well with my hair and complexion. I wore this to the NAIA Pow Wow back in October which was a blast, as usual! It was a little hot outside, but for the most part I was cool in this cotton blouse. 😎

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts