Panty Party!!!

I am fortunate enough to have a rather large stash of remnants, most of which I have acquired over the last few years, and I decided that it was time to bust some remnants in a major way. I also wanted to buy some new undies, but I'm not in the mood to drop some moolah to a random company when I have a panty pattern and enough fabric to fell a horse. So after I finished my Chilly Down Dress, I decided to forgo my next dress idea and instead focus on some new underwear for spring. Enter Kwik Sew K2100!!!



I have used this pattern before to make a test panty. It was too big, but very easy to make. I also wanted to try Butterick B6031 and McCalls M5400.



I know, I know, McCalls M5400 is a bathing suit pattern, but I don't care.

I dug through my fabric and a few suitable stretch fabrics to use. I began to assemble the panties and here is what I came up with:

Kwik Sew K2100:




These still came out too big, even though I cut down another size. I guess I will have to cut down to size 4 because I started with size 8 the first time and cut down to a 6 this time and they're still too big. Other than that, super easy to make. Will make again!

Butterick B6031:


These also came out a little too big. I cut for a size 12, so next time might be a size 10 or 8. These were also super easy and ended up being my favorite because of the lace I found in an estate sale sewing box. Will make again!

McCalls M5400:





Ooh la lace cut-out in the back!

This one was also easy, imagine that. It fit the best out of all 3. Will make again!

So all in all, they were super simple to make. They only have 3 pattern pieces (front, back and crotch) and you can add elastic, lace or just finish the edge and have a super cute and unique set of under garments. I'm not big on the elastic edge, but the lace I'm on board with! I have some lovely non-stretchy fabric that I think I'll try and cut it on the bias to make it stretch. Underwear for everyone!!!

Comments

Popular Posts