The Perils of Vintage Patterns

My collection of Vintage patterns has been steadily growing offer the past couple of years either from junk store finds or gifts from friends and family. So far they have been mostly decent to work with, bar the fitting issues, but what pattern doesn't come with its fitting issues? We're all made differently, am I right?

Anywho, the last collection of patterns I came across was at a junk store in Carthage. I found a dusty box on the bottom of a shelf and it held about 30 patterns, most of which were vintage. And I'm talking vintage. Real oooold stuff. Like, there is nothing on the pattern pieces except a letter punched out. No 'cut 2' or 'notch here'. And I'm not sure how these were stored, but the instructions were crumbling. There were pieces everywhere. The pattern pieces themselves were OK, but the instructions were falling apart. I've never had any vintage patterns act this way. So the other night I had to scan all the instructions so I wouldn't lose them to decay. So hopefully in the future I won't run across too many more like that, but if so I can always scan them for later.

Comments

Popular Posts