Christmas Came Early!!!!!

So this might sound weird, but when we moved into our first home, the previous owners had left some things in a shed. Nothing major really... Some small tools, a bug zapper, etc. They did, however, leave some Christmas decorations, so I had my husband get them for me so we could decorate in a kind of tribute to the former owners.

Whilst in said shed, I spotted an upside down paper bag on a shelf. It had 'scrap strips' written on it, so naturally I needed to see what was in there. It was my freakin lucky day! FABRIC SCRAPS GALORE!!! We watched a PBS special about the Appalachian Trail, which runs through our state in some spots, and they mentioned something called 'trail magic.' Trail magic is when some nice person or organization leaves little gifts for the hikers, like a cooler with snacks or water in it left near the trail. I'm gonna call this 'shed magic' because I feel about as happy as a hiker who just found a granola bar.



Most of these so called scraps are big enough to make a shirt out of and quite a few have multiple pieces, so I could possibly make a dress or skirt. I am so excited to use these because they are very interesting. I told my husband to stick them all in a box and put them under the tree and I will be happy. :)

Comments

Popular Posts