Black Saturday Shopping

For the love of god almighty, I dislike crowds. I'm only ok in a crowd if its a concert, but even then its not cool. So when my dumb ass decided to take a stroll down to Hancock's on black friday, you cannot imagine the horror I came across. I had to work a half day, which left me off at 1pm. I told the husband "yeah, I guess I'll just stop in for the one thing I need and then come home." WHY DIDN'T HE STOP ME?!

First off, the whole mall was packed. It took forever to find a spot, let alone one where my neighbors had actually parked in the lines. I pulled into a spot and immediately decided to leave. This was not me. Plus, Hancock was having a sale the following Saturday, so I drove home fuming. I asked my darling husband why he did not warn me about the madness that awaited me. His response was that I had worked enough black fridays to know better. I reminded him that I was always the one there when the store was going to open at 4am so by the time I left work, no one was out and about around 2pm. I have never shopped black friday and my slight dip into the pool just reminded me why I don't go black friday shopping. There is literally nothing that I have seen on sale that would make me drag my butt out of bed before the sun rises to go stand in line with a bunch of cranky people. Sorry, not sorry.

Anywho, I did drag my butt out of bed on Saturday (no earlier than I normally do) to go to Hancock's at 7am. Go in, get the one thing I need, leave. Simple enough, right? Nope. I hit the pattern section and bought 4 patterns. Then I sauntered over to the remnant section and got a few of those. Oh, and I hit the Spot the Bolt sales table and grabbed 2 different cheap ass fabrics to have cut. I made my way to the cutting table where the 1 poor cashier was busy cutting a TON of fabric for some nice older ladies. She takes a break from cutting after she cut my fabric to go run the register. It is finally my turn to check out and I realize that I have forgotten the 1 thing I came here for. I seriously need adult supervision. I apologize to the cashier and run away to try to match the fabric swatch I had brought. I find something sorta close and head back to the cutting table, where there are now 2 other cashiers because it is now 8am. So here is the swag I bought...

Seriously, mommie, more fabric??


The one thing I came in for? That purple fleece.

I am pretty excited about this retro pattern and I will be making it shortly:


Why am I excited? Because, look at the back! Its some sort of wrap around dress!


I also got these 2 patterns:


Yeah, I need supervision when I go to the fabric store.

Comments

Popular Posts