Vintage Compact Collection

 Woo! That was my best Rick Flair impression. Impressed? It's been a hot second since I had something to write about so I'm back! Well, a lots been going on but I've been busy. Anywho, here is the start of yet another collection I do not need, vintage compacts! 🎉 


I got all 3 of these the day after Christmas at the antique mall at Flealand in Bowling Green. The first one is a plain gold colored compact that only has a paper liner in it and nothing else. It's thin and perfect for dropping in a purse or my pocket. It is unmarked and it was $6.99.




The second one is a navy blue and gold color and it has both blush and powder still in it. I know some people take that out and clean them, but I kind of like that it's still there. The powder is in a compartment under the powder puff/pad. A little clasp let's you access it. It's marked Richard Hudnut on the bottom. It was $9.99.




The third one is more like a purse and it said 'makeup case' on the tag. It came with an empty lipstick tube marked Coty on the top but no other markings on it. One side has powder in a hidden clasp situation and a little flap pocket thingy with a tiny comb in it. The other side has a swing arm thingy on a spring that probably held cigarettes but I am using it to hold a vintage handkerchief cause I don't smoke. It has a short chain and the case itself is unmarked. It was $19.99. 





I also got a vintage Avon lipstick tube that still has lipstick inside but won't twist up, not that I would use it at this point. The case is the prettiest shade of light teal and was $1.99. 



Last but not least was this cool af snake skin tube. It was labeled 'lipstick' but once I got it home and opened it up, it was some sort of oddly stiff brush material. I've seen a few online that say they're 'lint brushes', but it's awfully stiff stuff. The snakeskin is not uniform and has a slight texture so I'm going to guess it's real, only because it's old and that seemed to be more common back then. I dunno for sure, though. 🤷 It is otherwise unmarked. It was $4.99.



At the checkout, the man hand writes everything so it takes forever, but while I waited I noticed a stack of little newspapers next to the checkout. Antique Week, the weekly antique, auction and collecting newspaper! I asked him how much they were because the top one had a story about vintage compacts on the front! He said they were free and to pick one out. Then he asked which one I got and laughed because that's literally what I was buying. 🤣 




Comments

Popular Posts