Leggings For (F)All!!!

Omg Fall is never going to get here. Its 95 here today in Tennessee. Its almost October for Pete's sake... bring on the cooler weather already. Sheesh. End Rant. haha



Anywho, today I sat down to make leggings. The husband has banned sweat pants (not really lol) so I have to make something else for wearing around the house. I stuck with my rusty trusty McCalls 6173 and just threw 2 pairs together. One of them was out of this gray stretch denim from Surge Fabric Shop and they turned out a little too big, so I might leave them as my 'bloated days' leggings. They're also in a capri length which I love for this ridiculously hot weather although I only wear them around the house. I am still not comfortable showing much off in public even though I've been working out like a dog. I did an hour full body workout today because it just felt good so I just kept going. Plus its my day off and I had plenty of time. Now I feel like crap, but that's how it goes. Lol. Aaaaaanywho, here are the gray ones.


Cellulite is fun... said no one ever.

And here are the raspberry(?) ones.


Yay cats...

These I made a bit longer because I was thinking of Fall and hoping it would show up soon. Its not coming, but a girl can dream, right? So these guys I did a bit different. I accidentally bought the Z size in this pattern, which is LRG-XLG. Normally it would be a good assumption for my big butt to be in a Large, although "Large" varies from company and designer. Women's sizes are fucked up. So I probably didn't accidentally buy this size, but upon my first making of this pattern, I realized just how big it was. I have to take things in at least twice, if not more. So for this one I decided to pleat the pattern itself right down the front, which took it in a few inches. Then I pinned it over my thrift store fabric (yay!) and cut it out. I was pleasantly surprised how much better they fit after just sewing the legs individually. Then I sewed them together at the crotch seam and they fit so well! I did have to take in the crotch seam a little cause it was still a little baggy, but then they fit great! I do want to eventually buy this pattern in the smaller size so I won't have to do so much pattern manipulation, but really all I have to do is trace this pattern on my tracing paper and I will be good to go for the future. So I guess I won't buy it. lol.

I was pretty happy with this pair because I got a yard of this raspberry colored fabric from the thrift store for a whopping dollar and it was just enough to make these and then I had a tiny bit left over so I made cuffs for the ankle part so they would be more like, uh, long johns? Its not that waffle material, tho. This is just a nice stretchy, soft knit. Since I have no idea of the fabric content, I don't even know how long these will last with normal wear and washings, but for a buck its worth it even if they only last a season.

I haven't sewn in a while, so it was nice to get back into it. My sewing table has been a mess and a few days ago I made myself come in a clean for just half an hour and it made such a difference. I just needed to organize some shit and put some things away and it looks a thousand times better. Its still messy, but better. It was such a mess because I went through my closet last week and picked out a bunch of things to donate to make room. I had a pile of dresses that were just sitting on my sewing machine table because I had nowhere to hang them. I also picked out some things I had made early on that I don't really wear for whatever reason, either they never fit properly or they aren't really my style. Those things I piled on my sewing table and I either scavenged zippers and buttons off of them or I put them in a pile for resizing. Yay for organizing!

I had cut out the gray leggings a few weeks ago, so they were ready to go. Once my table looked better, I was itching to sew. And after they were done, I was still in the legging mood, so I cut the raspberry ones and stitched them up real quick. Both pairs took maybe 3 hours total, but I don't even know if they took that long. It might also have taken that long because... cats. Our newest recruit, Luci, has been in an exploring mood for the past week or so and kept coming in to get attention. She's been here a month and a week and already she's a bossy britches. The other cats are afraid of her and she seems to like that. hehehe. She's completely taken over but that's also good because any time we 'acquire' a new cat, it usually takes months for them to all get comfortable enough around each other. It usually disrupts our schedules quite a lot and I thought I would have to take a break from working out because they usually fuss at each other a lot in the mornings while daddy is sleeping, but with her its been such an easy transition. Plus, the husband is completely smitten with her, which is sweet. But she takes priority if I'm sewing and she comes in. ((sigh)) :-)

Anywho, Halloween is coming up and the first day of October is on a Tuesday which is my day off, so I will be decorating the yard like a mad woman. Then I should be getting back to sewing more once Fall finally gets here and I don't have to spend all 'weekend' outside doing yard work. HURRY UP, FALL OMG.

Comments

Popular Posts