Skorts

So this has been one of the things on my list from last summer that I am finally getting around to making. Last. Summer. Omg... Anywho, its skorts time!!

((insert game show theme music here))

I had a pair(?) of skorts growing up and I loved them. I think it was only a skirt part in the front and shorts in the back, but this pattern has a skirt for the whole thing, which I liked. You could just make tennis shorts with a ball pocket, too, but I do not need a ball pocket. heh heh. Ball pocket. #foreverimmature


Sassy

This pattern was super easy to make although I didn't have quite enough fabric for it, so yeah. It was totally my fault because I still had some Athletic Brushed Poly from my last order from Surge Fabric Shop. I had made some workout legging shorts with it and I thought I had enough left over for this skort, but I only had enough for one skirt overlay piece, so I used it for the back because I will be sitting on it and it will take more wear than the front will. I did some thinkin. haha. But for the rest of the fabric I used a black jersey knit (also from Surge) and it was just under what amount I needed, so yay for planning ahead. ((cough)) Anyways, here she is!!


The back on the left, front on the right. Ugh, sometimes black fabric just does not photograph well. Plus with the shorts underneath make it look all ripply and wonky.

It even has pockets!! I have only worn this twice so far but I love it! It is very comfy and the only thing I would change is the length only because since I was low on fabric, I had to omit some of the length at the bottom, making it just a tad shorter. No biggie because its still very comfy. The waist band part was a little weird because the front part is not elastic and the rest is.


Not elastic front part on the left, elasticized back part on the right.

Kinda different. And I am not normally a fan of elastic waist items. I almost feel like they're a cheap way of making something fit, but I can see how they can adjust to a range of sizes, yadda yadda. They're still just meh to me. But I would totally make this again. 10/10. Skorts for all!

Comments

Popular Posts