Erryday Bra

Whelp, it has been a while. This month has flown by and not in a good way. Where did my Halloween spirit go?! This year it was missing in action. I barely got any decorations out in the yard, mainly due to inclement weather the first 'weekend' of mine in October. It poured the whole weekend. Ugh. I did get some decorations out the next weekend, but it was 90 degrees. Not ideal for doing much in the yard after a whole summer of hotness. I was done with the heat. Anyways, enough about my October funk. This post is about a girl... and a bra. Simplicity 8436.



This is my 3rd attempt at this bra and the third time was the charm. The first time I made the exact same thing, same lace and all, but in my normal 36C size. It fit well, but my girls were falling out of the sides. It didn't look awful, the whole side boob thing, but it wouldn't do for an everyday bra which is what I was going for. So the second time I made an actual tester bra out of some black jersey knit fabric from Surge Fabric Shop. I didn't even attach the straps or the hook and eye, but I had the husband hold it in place so we could just test the fit. I cut the second one in a DD because I wanted the girls to be held in as much as possible. I am in no way a DD, but for this bra it fits perfectly.

Anywho, for the actual bra, I used this black poly knit also from Surge for the lining and the last of my black lace from Tailor Made Shop. I used the poly knit because it was slightly less stretchy than the jersey knit (which I prefer for panties) which means a more supportive bra that is still comfy. I know a lot of people like the duoplex, but I have tried to make multiple bras from the duoplex and it doesn't have like any give at all so its not comfortable to me.

This biotch right here, tho... omg.



The outer-ness. The cool loopy elastic that runs along the underarm is from a bra findings kit from Sweet Cups Bra Supply. That also supplied the channeling for the underwires, the strap elastic and rings and sliders.





Aaaand the insides. That black poly knit was perfect for the lining. Its soft and stretchy but not too stretchy to be unsupportive. I really liked this bra compared to the Simplicity 8229 because of the dart in the middle of the cups. Don't get me wrong, I like the 2 halves that the 8229 has for the cups, but this was neat to see in a bra and gives it a good shape.

So overall, this pattern is a total win. I should have made the tester first thing, but I am horrible at doing that. I just want it made!! But in the end it takes twice as long to finally get a good one because I didn't test the fit first. The only good thing about that is that by the time I am on the final one, I have made the pattern a couple of times so it seems to go fast-ish to me. Either way, this bra rocks!

Comments

Popular Posts