Makeup Brush Holder

So I know its been a hot second since I last posted, and we can blame that on the weather. it had been so freakin nice outside that we spent 99% of our free time either working on the outside of the house or working in the yard. I can now boast a decent little veggie garden, complete with squash, tomatoes, bell peppers and potatoes, the last of which I know nothing about growing. They look decent so hopefully they'll continue growing. And this house needs a bit of work. Having been built in 68, she needs the windows re-done first and foremost. That is what the husband has been doing these past couple of weeks. I'm sure it would cost a fortune to hire someone to do this, so most people opt for replacing all their windows instead of re-sealing them. I don't blame them; its a bitch. You have to take off the old sealant and treat the wood and re-seal them and then paint them. Whew! But its worth it to keep the original windows. And it makes them quite a bit less rattle-y when a big truck goes by, which is nice for the whole work at home thing.

Anywho, it has recently started to climb into the 90s and that means that we don't stay outside for too long. I recently made these jeans (cue heavenly music) and I also made a dress (coming soon) and THIS:



I have subscribed to the E.L.F. Play Beautifully Box which is around $25 before tax and holy god almighty I love that box! The only downside is that now my small makeup drawer is stuffed to the gills, so I might have to cancel the box soon. Other than lack of space, the box is amazing, coming with at least $40 worth of stuff every 8 weeks, so there is always something new to play with. But I also don't wear a ton of makeup, so I'm kind of set for the next 10 years as far as basics like eyeshadows and blushes go. Anywho, I feel like the recycle queen because I now have a plethora of makeup brushes and I needed something to keep them in, so I took this little container that used to contain those water additive thingies that I love:



Yeeeeah, this wasn't gonna fly for long. Plus, this most recent box contained 4 more brushes!! Ahh!! So I remembered seeing something like a roll to keep brushes in at work, so I thought I would attempt to make one.

I measured my tallest brush and found a scrap piece of fabric that was a couple of inches taller, so I folded it in half and set all my brushes on it and made sure there was ample room plus a little more room for future brushes. I also took some chalk and loosely outlined each brush for future sewing lines. I then sewed it right sides together on all sides but one and turned it right side out.





When we moved here, there was a ironing board that had been left, and this was stuck to it, so I cut off a chunk and shoved it inside before sewing up the last side. I had a bunch of pieces of curtains that were also left here when we moved in, so I took all the ruffles off and ironed them out, so I have a TON of pre-made strips in white and pink. I took one of the pink strips and laid it at the bottom of one side and sewed it down. Then I traced those lines I had chalked in earlier onto the pink part and I sewed over those lines and it made perfect little pockets! Then I took a bit of ribbon and sewed it on one end so when I roll it up, I can tie a little bow!




It was a very fast make and has been redonk useful so I am a very happy camper!!

Comments

Popular Posts