Shoulder Tie Dress Top

So today's pattern review is a little different.


I usually review a whole dress, not part of one. But today I wanted to make this Butterick 5708 dress, but I didn't have enough fabric for the whole dress. So I decided to make a top instead! I took the pattern out and removed all the bodice portions of the dress. I pieced it together as per the instructions for the bodice. I then tried it on and was very unhappy with the length. It was waaaaay too short for my taste, so I took what fabric I had left and made 3 out of the 4 skirt panels and began to assemble it like I would if it were a dress. Instead of lining it, I took some black lace and lined the tops of the ties so you would see a bit of lace peeking through. I put it together as best I could with what fabric I had and here is how she came out...


It sits on the very edge of my shoulders and has a nice length to it. I like it a lot, but next time I might try it with a knit instead of using a zipper. I love a good pull on dress. :)

Comments

Popular Posts